Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I get commissions for purchases made through some of the links in this post at no additional cost to you.
The Shortcut to Mastering the Anki Fundamentals as a Beginner
By “shortcut” I don’t mean you’re not going to do any work.
What I mean is that this is the fastest way to master the fundamentals.
You can either take my free Anki course so you only get the most important things you should remember, or if you want a more in-depth discussion of the fundamentals, you can choose to go through these materials:
- Anki Essentials by Alex Vermeer. (amazon aff link) By far, this is the ONLY book ever written about Anki. If for some reason my free course isn’t enough and you want a more comprehensive guide, this one is for you.
- The 20 Rules of Knowledge Formulation by Dr. Piotr Wozniak. This is really important — if you don’t see an Anki guide recommending this, then they don’t know what they’re talking about when it comes to creating better flashcards. Treat it like your 20 commandments.
Other Useful Resources
Just in case you want to learn more about spaced repetition or Anki in general, then here are some of them:
- How To Remember Anything Forever-ish by Nicky Case
- Spaced Repetition for Efficient Learning by Gwern
- Augmenting Long-Term Memory by Michael Nielsen (must read)
For medical students: